This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Playlist filtering & playing: bug or feature?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jabster
Registered Member
Hi.
I've just noticed something with amarok 2: when I filter the playlist to find a particular song, then play it, my playlist becomes that filtered list. ie: I have random play on, then filter so that I end up with two songs visible in the playlist, amarok keeps playing those two displayed songs over and over, rather than moving to another song from the entire playlist.

Is it supposed to do that?

I would swear that the 1.x series would continue to recognize the entire playlist, and not just what was visible due to the filter.

I actually find this behavior rather annoying.

running amarok 2.0.1.1-5mdv20009.1, on mandriva cooker.

-john
eean
KDE Developer
OS
So in Amarok 1.4 it would play non-visible tracks? If so that was a bug. The way it works now is whats supposed to happen.

To fix it all you really need to do is unselect "show only matches" from the wrench icon above the playlist.

Amarok Developer
jabster
Registered Member
OK. So I already had "Show only matches" unchecked. Unchecked is apparently the default setting. But it wasn't working that way.

So, now I check it, and entering "phish" in the filter bar shows 5 tracks. Good.

So now when I check it again, I now see my entire playlist, I'm guessing amarok just jumps to the first song matching "phish" ?

Not sure I understand the point of "Show only matches" now... Ah...ok....using the down arrow now jumps me to the next match.

So, basically, I just need to remember to clear the box once I find what I'm looking for.

thanks,
john