This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok feautures?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alaios
Registered Member

Amarok feautures?

Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:36 am
Hi i am new to the amarok programme and i have some questions!!
a)IS it possible to see the current track's bitrate as xmms and winamp display?
b)Do u know any rpm moodbar packages for opensuse 11.1?
c)I am trying to fetch artist information from wikipedia (using amarok ofc) and i am stack to the wikipedia page that asks me to select languages.
d)What is magnatude?
e)How can i make lyrics appear?

Thx in advance
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Amarok feautures?

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:31 am
You should begin with telling us which Amarok version you are talking about, please :)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
alaios
Registered Member

Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:33 pm
2.x.x in linux
icewind
Registered Member

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:23 am
I can help you with all but at least:

c) not sure how you are trying it but when I use the wikipedia applet everything works fine
d) an online music store where you can buy individual songs  (something like the itunes store)
e) use the add widgets button and chose the lyrics applet. and just play a song
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 am
You say you use 2.x.x which is not really specific. Is it 2.0, 2.0.1.1. or 2.1-SVN? Anyway, let's try to answer your questions:
a)Is it possible to see the current track's bitrate as xmms and winamp display?

You can see the bitrate for normal tracks in your local or remote collection. Just right click on the track and edit the track details. It doesn't work for streams for various reasons.
b)Do u know any rpm moodbar packages for opensuse 11.1?

No, there is no moodbar for Amarok 2, because there is another similar feature in preparation. Stay tuned :)
c)I am trying to fetch artist information from wikipedia (using amarok ofc) and i am stack to the wikipedia page that asks me to select languages.

There has been a problem with Wikipedia because they still not offer an API and screen scraping is a problem when they change their design, but that should be fixed now in SVN, so it should appear in the next release.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...