This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

easiest way to add music files to amarok?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
willfriedwald
Registered Member
Am not sure what the best / easiest ways to add music files to the Amarok library is.

The Playlist > Add Media option does NOT work for me - I tried adding a folder and it didn't add it to the library.

I can use manage files to either copy or move files that are already in the playlist, but I was hoping that there might be a simple way to add a file or folder to the library.

What I do now is put a new folder in the library folder, then do a library update (under tools > update collection) and that works, but it seems rather a long way around...

any help?

thanks

Willfriedwald

PS: I should specify that I am running version 1.4 of Amarok.  Thanks!

Last edited by willfriedwald on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dangle_wtf
Have you tried dropping a folder on the collection tab? From memory (been a while!) that should pop up the "manage files" dialogue.
Otherwise, simply adding the tracks to a watched folder should trigger a rescan if you're configured to do that on demand. The latter may depend on your filesystem though.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
willfriedwald
Registered Member
consider this for the next edition of Amarok:

Manage files

can copy a folder into the collection

can move a folder into the collection

but if an album is already in a "watched" master folder, it can NOT simply "add" the album without copying it or moving it, unfortunately.

and also both MOVE & COPY will only move the album/folder where Amarok wants to put it - it should allow you to browse and put it where you want to put it.

W

PS: thanks again for your help - do you have a baby picture posted anywhere?