This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Visualizer

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imported-pivert
Registered Member

Visualizer

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 pm
Hi,

Just switched to 2.0.. and I have a quite big deception. Where is the visualizer ? This feature is mandatory to my eyes, and I think it is also for people that do not understand what a visualizer is. The best one for me, is a double, or stereo, with peaks persistance ( and falling slowly ). This is not only to see the different frequencies you have in the sound, but also to see that there is activity and that it's just playing something to some audio output... So, definitely, I would like to get a visualizer. (ideally with frequencies legend, and peak persistance...)

Do we have some chances to see it quite quickly ?

For other thinks, well, I liked the Amarok 1.4... so, the new interface is not yet clearly better to me. Perhap's I need some adaptation time...

The killing feature that I would dream is to get double player with support for hardware DJ consoles and beat visualization...

Regards,
sebr

Re: Visualizer

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:42 pm
The visualiser doesn't exist in Amarok 2, and won't be implemented until Phonon can provide us with the raw pcm data to apply a visualisation to. Who knows when that will happen.