This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cover art again

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Cover art again

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:14 pm
Just a simple question:
How does amarok 2 reads the covers? I've the covers embedded in the id3tag and in the respective album folder (not named cover/front.jpg or something like that), but also have some dirs with artists with just one song (cover embedded too). All covers are 300x300, but amarok always shows an upscaled version of a thumbnail (50x50 I guess), which is pretty ugly.  On the artist with just one track amarok shows up the same image for every artist/album, even in the collection. When I click "Show cover" the correct scaled cover is shown. So do I have to remove the covers from the folders to get the embeded images initally?

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Cover art again

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:26 am
Embedded covers are (not yet) supported in A2 I think, but I'm not fully sure about this...

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
dangle_wtf

Re: Cover art again

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:19 am
I notice someone on the list opened a bug for something that sounds the same as your thumbnail issue... worth checking.
http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=181770

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"