This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can we have this function?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rajm11
Registered Member

Can we have this function?

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:15 am
I am avid  new fan of amaro wak, using it since I dont know when. I like it to core.
well while exploring amarok I found it can play shoutcast radio that was awesome so i fooled around with some stations. and then realised my fav station. was .977 the hitz. so i tried to locate it, ITS not there. and also finding radio station from that long list was one **** job, so I was wondering if u developer guys can find something to search radio stations? it will be really good option.
if there is search function let me know. Please! thanks in advance.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
I figured out how to find one of the radio stations I used to listen to through Amarok 1, in Amarok 2. However, I don't see a way to bookmark it, or even make it easier to find in the Shoutcast lists, which are a bit chaotic, to say the least. Any hints on how to make this easier? And is there some reason some local NPR stations are in the list, and others are not?

I'm still finding my way around the new KDE and new Amarok.

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Can we have this function?

Sun May 10, 2009 8:46 am
Be aware that the Shoutcast streams are not 'made' by the Amarok team, we only enable the use of them. So if you can't find a particular station in the Shoutcast list, you will have to either ask the Shoutcast guy to add it or add it to your playlists.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Re: Can we have this function?

Wed May 13, 2009 2:10 am
I'll try making a playlist; that's one thing I haven't tried in this version. I'm still so disappointed that all my old stats and ratings didn't come over, that the loss of playlists is near the bottom of my list.

I understand that Shoutcast is an independent service, but I used to listen directly, not through Shoutcast. I don't see a way to do that now, but I will try the playlist function.