This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

bitrate

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
venom
Registered Member

bitrate

Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:45 pm
Sorry if this has already been discussed, I searched and the only thing I saw that really focused on this appeared to be in German, which I do not speak.

I just updated from 1.4.10 (in ubuntu) to 2.0.1.

One of the things I usually like to be able to see is the bitrate of the songs. I realize you can see the bitrate if you click on the song and go to edit track details, but that is a bit of a hassle.

I think the bitrate should be viewable in the playlist if the user wants to enable that option (similar to 1.4).

That's my main issue, but there are a couple others.

One, is that when I click on the volume or track position bars, they do not follow my mouse correctly. By that I mean that the volume bar seems to not really stick to the point of my mouse all that well. If I move it, it ends up being off my mouse. If I move the bar to the left side, the bar drifts to the right side of my mouse, and vice versa. This may be because I am using a GNOME environment, or it may even be the intention. I don't really like it.

Another issue with bitrates would be to view the realtime bitrate. This can be useful when checking out variable bitrate songs.

Of course those are all minor issues really. For the most part I do like amarok 2, and love some of the new features (such as multiple instances). Keep up the good work.
dangle_wtf

Re: bitrate

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:53 pm
Dunno about bitrate, but with the volume thing... have you tried scrolling with your mouse wheel on the slider?

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"