This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 1.x feature brought back in

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zc00gii
Registered Member

Amarok 1.x feature brought back in

Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:05 pm
I like the feature to _manually_ add media devices, doesn't work with iPhone's and iPod Touch's (and there is a way to get it to work with iphoneos 2.x) I had to downgrade for me to use it, but I love the Amarok  2.x UI :(
alexandrite
Registered Member
Seconded. 

Dear Amarok Devs,
It's all well and good to have a reliable autodetect, but that doesn't mean you should just drop support for manual addition once you have something you like better.  I really can't wag my finger at you enough.  I'd hate to see Amarok reduced to an itunes clone in terms of usability options.  I think it goes without saying that the world doesn't need another itunes.

(I really like Amarok 2 otherwise, so if there is a manual addition option that I don't know about, feel free to correct me, as I would gladly eat my words if it meant I could access this basic functionality in amarok 2.)

Edit: Also on the topic of features from Amarok 1.x that I would like to see on the new version, the OSD font/size should be configurable independently of the rest of KDE.  Same for the UI in general.  Not everyone who uses Amarok uses the rest of KDE after all, and those of us who don't use KDE seem to be losing a lot of configurability.

Last edited by alexandrite on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.