This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Tag Issues (Again & Again)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
noomninam
Registered Member

Tag Issues (Again & Again)

Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:27 pm
Using Amarok 1.4.10 (Using KDE 3.5.10 in 32-bit Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex). This is the best Linux media player by far, and potentially the best interface for iPod, which makes these near-deal-breaking flaws all the more annoying. I've googled this stuff numerous times, finding threads on this forum and elsewhere that always dwindle away into dead ends. Here they are again:

1) Unable to add/edit tags for m4a files. These are not just imported from Mac computers anymore: SoundKonverter creates them, too.
2) Amarok drops FLAC tags. They appear in the right-hand playlist window, but transfer as playable but blank spaces in the left column. Again, not possible to manually edit or restore.
3) While I'm at it, new playlists should alphabetize immediately instead of after the next playlist is added. And playlist names should be editable via double-click rather than right-clicking a pulldown menu.

Thanks in advance for current or anticipated fixes for any of these issues!
dangle_wtf

Re: Tag Issues (Again & Again)

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:22 am
None of these issues are likely to be resolved in Amarok 1.4, as development has moved to Amarok 2.
Have you checked http://bugs.kde.org for related bugs in 2.0.x? You may find some have already been fixed, or made redundant.

Some may also be taglib or xine related.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
noomninam
Registered Member

Re: Tag Issues (Again & Again)

Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Awhile back I installed Amarok 2.0 and couldn't get it to talk to my iPod at all. It was a beta... has this been fixed?