This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

script/plugin for quicksearch

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fr34k
Registered Member

script/plugin for quicksearch

Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:37 am
Hi.
I m searching for a plugin or script for amarok and I dont know if it already exists or not. But what i would like is to be able to play a selected song from my amarok playlist without having to actually go to amarok. Like if I am in a program (like a game for example) that has a terminal or txt msging or sth you can write in, and i could for example type "!play (part of the name of a song)" press enter and amarok would get it like a command to search and play that song. I'm a beginner in linux so I hope you know what I'm searching for.
Thanx for answers. Fr34k
nhn
KDE Developer
OS

Re: script/plugin for quicksearch

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 am
This is an interesting idea. There is currently no such feature or script that adds it as far as I know.

I am thinking that it might make sense as an "amrok url" in Amarok 2. That way you could just launch a url like "amarok://quickplay/ and Amarok would start playing the best match(es) it could find.

This might actually make an excellent junior job for a new contributor.

- Nikolaj
imported-Zeltak
Registered Member

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:08 am
Hi

I used to love the plugin for gnome-do for amarok which had a very similar thing to what you describe but that plugin has been abandoned. I think i remember someone talking about using krunner for that..

anyway i would also love if anyone came up wih a way to implement this idea

Zeltak
fr34k
Registered Member

Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:36 am
@Nikolaj: Hope you're not implying I write the script :) I'm very new to linux. But yea it might work as an url adress.