This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Drag & Drop from playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
NForce
Registered Member

Drag & Drop from playlist

Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:20 pm
Hello :) I've been using amarok 1.x for two years now, and i would like to upgrade it to 2.x already. I've tried it a few times earlier, but there always were some showstoppers for me. I've built version from svn today and i must say it has improved :) But still, there are some showstoppers too:

In amarok 1.4 i could just drag a song from playlist to dolphin, skype, etc. and song was copied/file transfer started. But now nothing of that is happening. Is it planned to get these features back? They were very useful for me.

And one more thing: in amarok 1.x if playlist is ended, when i click play - PLAYLIST is played from the start. But if i stop track, the TRACK was played from the start when i click the play button. Now if playlist is ended - last track from it is played. I liked old behaviour more, could it be back?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Drag & Drop from playlist

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:55 pm
NForce wrote:Hello :) I've been using amarok 1.x for two years now, and i would like to upgrade it to 2.x already. I've tried it a few times earlier, but there always were some showstoppers for me. I've built version from svn today and i must say it has improved :) But still, there are some showstoppers too:

In amarok 1.4 i could just drag a song from playlist to dolphin, skype, etc. and song was copied/file transfer started. But now nothing of that is happening. Is it planned to get these features back? They were very useful for me.

And one more thing: in amarok 1.x if playlist is ended, when i click play - PLAYLIST is played from the start. But if i stop track, the TRACK was played from the start when i click the play button. Now if playlist is ended - last track from it is played. I liked old behaviour more, could it be back?

First of all: Nice to hear that you like Amarok 2.1 :)

About dragging playlists: It's probably simply not yet implemented, but could probably be done. Every developer has different use cases, which also results in us having our focus on different parts of Amarok. To me personally, this is not a feature I tend to use, so I really haven't noticed it. But given time, I think it will become implemented, either by our core team, or by a patch from outside (which we always appreciate).

About the playlist ending: I think what you're proposing makes sense (to restart the playlist if it has reached its end). This might simply be a bug, so I suggest making a bug report on bugs.kde.org. Then we will look at it.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
NForce
Registered Member

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Thanks for the answer :)
I've visited bugs.kde.org and both issues were there already :( And they are there from december :( not very promissing

Last edited by NForce on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:04 am
NForce wrote:Thanks for the answer :)
I've visited bugs.kde.org and both issues were there already :( And they are there from december :( not very promissing

Can you tell me the URL of the second bug with the playlist restarting? I can take a look at it.

EDIT: Already found it:  https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=176445

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer