This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

'excel' style playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
egabrum
Registered Member

'excel' style playlist

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:04 am
Quick question:

Is the 'excel' style playlist coming back to Amarok 2?

...I really need to know.
Thank!
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Re: 'excel' style playlist

Fri May 01, 2009 7:09 pm
That  is one of the most painfully missed features in Amarok 2. As far as I know there should be some fragments of code, indicating that it will perhaps be an option in the future.

Greetings
m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
clintonthegeek
Registered Member

Re: 'excel' style playlist

Sat May 02, 2009 5:30 am
With the new playlist you can create your own layouts to mimic the single-line style of the 1.4 series playlist. In upcoming versions this functionality will be added upon so that you can sort the list by clicking on the headers of each properties, just like a normal listview.

So, yes. Not as a replacement to the new playlist, but through configuring the new playlist to act like the old one. :)
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
I've created one of the possible layouts,that I would prefer for the playlist. But there are a few questions:
-Don't want the content in the "columns" centred, but left-justified
-(Auto)adjusting the space used by the "columns" f.e. year
-Is the use of seperators/spacers useful for the upcoming sort function?
Perhaps I can do it in the XML files? [EDIT]Yes, I can justify the columns, but then longer entries get cut off, even with maximum width of the layout editor[/EDIT]
Hope the sort function brings really new features, like sorting after two or more properties.
If not, what could be easier, than clicking on the columns' header to sort or click on the divider to autoadjust the width?

I've attached a screenshot, build from current SVN, which annonces itself as 2.1.1 in the ChangeLog.

[BUG]Just added one of my stored playlists. With my layout I only get the horizontal lines without entries, but the "hidden" tracks are playing. Chosing one of the standard layouts is working. Switching doesn't help.
Is the layout in some way saved with the playlist?
This happens only, when single tracks from various albums are added to the current playlist.
Because there's no space on the left of the rows, the indicator "Stop after this track" shifts the affected row to the right. It doesn't appear if the layout includes covers, 'cause the indicater overlays the cover.
[/BUG]

Greetings
m0nk

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.