This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Adding tracks to a previously saved playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
everdarkgreen
Registered Member
There is a one small feature from Amarok 1.4 that I really miss: to be able to add tracks to a previously saved playlist without loading it, i.e. to drag tracks from the playlist panel to a playlist under My Playlists.

The use case is simple: when I am listening to the song, once in a while I realize that the song is great for some purpose e.g. to be played in a party or it is otherwise suitable for some theme. In days of 1.4 I used to have several playlists for different moods etc. I would like to be able to file the track in a playlist immediately as I'm listening to it, otherwise I'd just forget about it.  I have a huge music collection, so browsing it through and searching for certain types of songs to create a playlist is very inconvenient.

Or, if there already is a way to do this (other than using paper&pencil as a temporary playlist) I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks, Q
bahstid
Registered Member
Y-E-S !!!!

This is crucial for me too... I am really frustrated by this right now - I have just spent the last week getting used to 2.1's quirks, and while there are many little problems, overall it has huge potential...

But after having listened to a weeks worth of dynamic playlist and carefully filing everything in my own playlists, (you can drag tracks into the "my playlists", although this is also buggy - sometimes adds nithing, or a different track??) I just restarted and amarok didn't save any of it!  The only way I can see around this is after having filed things into "my playlists"  I have to load them into the right pane and then save them, and then delete the original playlist... maybe fine for one playlist, but I have (literally) about 50 different active categories that I file my tracks in, and this workaround is simply impossible to do each I time I want to shutdown, and makes the whole idea pointless if I do it after each track, which is the only way to do it if I want to protect against random crashes (of amarok or other programs) or power failures etc.

I have been using amarok to plan my dj sets for the past two years and really liked the way I could explore, rate and categorise everything so easily, but right now I'm really irritated that tonight's gig is not going to have any new tracks in it.

I can see that the amarok 2 series is going to be really good, so have been trying to hold back from talking about every little issue I've had on this board, but this one has made it basically unusable for me - most others are little annoyances that I'm sure you've been nagged about enough... please fix this soon!
bahstid
Registered Member
Have reported it as a bug after some irc discussion with the dev:

https://bugs.kde.org/197147