This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unnecessary drag&drop when double clicking an album

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sharprazor
Registered Member
Well, i already wrote a feature request in kde bugs but i just wanted to write it also here.

Is it necessary to activate drag&dropping of an album to add it to the playlist since double-click already puts that album in the playlist??

What i mean: i double click an album to add it to playlist and it appears there as i'd like it to but i don't need amarok setting this album to drag&drop it onto the playlist since it's already there by the double clicking action??
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Sorry, I really don't understand what you mean. Can you try to elaborate?

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Mamarok
Manager
OS
sharprazor wrote:Is it necessary to activate drag&dropping of an album to add it to the playlist since double-click already puts that album in the playlist??

What i mean: i double click an album to add it to playlist and it appears there as i'd like it to but i don't need amarok setting this album to drag&drop it onto the playlist since it's already there by the double clicking action??

Well, this is just another option on how one can add an album to the play list.

And you ask if it is necessary to have both those options, right?

Keep in mind that not everybody can use the double-click feature, e.g. on basic touch screens. That's where the drag&drop feature comes in.

Last edited by Mamarok on Sun May 17, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
sharprazor
Registered Member
Well i agree but the drag&drop feature kicks in when i double click only.

My point is that when i double click (the album is added to the playlist) then amarok additionally makes the album draggable as if i wanted to drag it to add to a playlist. It's kinda weird?
sharprazor
Registered Member
While i agree that drag&drop is a great feature and it should be there but my point is it shouldn't activate when i double click an album since it already puts that album to the playlist.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Ok, but why on earth would you double-click and then drag? I mean, what is the point?

Normally, after clicking, you don't keep the mouse button pressed down. Clicking and pressing isn't the same thing. Why would you keep the button pressed after double-clicking?

--
sharprazor
Registered Member
Well that's my point!!!! When i double click it it sets it as if i wanted to drag it!!
sharprazor
Registered Member
I double click it fast yet it thinks i'm trying to drag it. That's what i've been talking about. I don't want to drag it, i only double click it twice and i don't hold the LMB after that yet amarok insists that i want to drag it.
sharprazor
Registered Member
If you ask me it's pretty annoying, let's say someone want's to add 3 albums by double clicking them, after every double click he has to click RMB to let dragging go away.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Don't worry, we've finally understood what you meant, and it seems to be a (new) bug in Amarok.

What happens is that the "PUD" (the drag menu that gets shown in the middle part) sometimes gets stuck. I can't reproduce this problem reliably, but I have seen it happen here a few times recently. That's defininitely not normal and not the planned behavior, this is why we didn't understand your report at first.

Why this happens to you so often, we can only guess. Technically it could possibly be a "race condition", which is a bug that is triggered under particular timining conditions. Try to do the double-click a little slower or faster and see if that makes a difference.

--