This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

track rating in playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
arrgghh
Registered Member

track rating in playlist

Sun May 17, 2009 3:40 pm
hey, sorry for my first post here being a rant ;)

maybe i just haven't found it, but it bugs me a little, that i'm not able to rate tracks in the playlist that aren't actually playing right now anymore (apart from the ones that are listed in 'last played' when i'm not playing anything).
also, i can't really view any ratings apart from the track i'm actually playing (and the ones that are  ... ).

obviously i could enter the context menu for each track, click 'edit track details', and view / edit the rating there, but that's not really the sense of the rating function is it.

so no more rating tracks in the playlist that aren't played right now?
no more stars next to songs in the playlist?

regards,

Last edited by arrgghh on Sun May 17, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: track rating in playlist

Sun May 17, 2009 5:17 pm
In 2.1 you can fully configure the playlist layout, and so you can also make it show the star ratings in the playlist.

However, inline-editing in the playlist is not yet implemented, which is a prerequisite for using those stars to change the rating. We plan to add this at a later point.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
arrgghh
Registered Member

Re: track rating in playlist

Mon May 18, 2009 6:15 pm
Mark Kretschmann wrote:In 2.1 you can fully configure the playlist layout, and so you can also make it show the star ratings in the playlist.

However, inline-editing in the playlist is not yet implemented, which is a prerequisite for using those stars to change the rating. We plan to add this at a later point.

loving this!
thanks for the response :cool: