This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

iPod 120g classic (firmware 2.0.1) no longer works with amarok

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
FRLinux
Registered Member
Hello,

I had a problem with my 120g and used iTunes to restore it, it also upgraded it to firmware 2.0.1, upon reconnection with amarok (1.4.10), it wasn't detected right anymore. I am using gentoo so recompiled using the most recent versions and now can detect again the ipod (120g black) and write/save files. Problem is that when using the ipod, it sees the space taken but it keeps saying "no music".

Am I basically condemned to use iTunes now to handle it?

Cheers,
Steph
FRLinux
Registered Member
Anyone about this .? The issue i have seen now is when writing to the ipod using amarok (still on 1.4.10), i get : "cannot write to database"

Thanks in advance,
Steph
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You upgraded to firmware 2.0.1, that is the answer to the problems you experience... and sorry, but Amarok can do absolutely nothing about a proprietary device that runs an encrypted firmware...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...