This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Erase a file directly from the playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Txema
Registered Member
OS
I would like to see this old feature in amarok 2.x.

Before we could select a file/song in the playlist and delete it directly (sending it to junk or erasing it permanently), but now i have to go to the collection, look up the title of the song and then delete it.

Thanks for the great work ;)
SeaJey
Registered Member
OS
In Amarok 2.2-GIT you already can do this from Collection View.
I think implementing deleting tracks from Playlist View is in TODO-list for 2.2 too.

kubuntu 10.04 AMD64 - KDE 4.4
AMD - radeonHD - M-Audio revolution 5.1
rodislav
Registered Member
OS
delete from collection is ok, but when user want to delete unnecessary music is more comfortable to delete song from playlist, after listening it
Txema
Registered Member
OS
I've just installed version 2.2.0 in Gentoo and this isn't working yet, ¿is it in the TODO list for the 2.2.x series?
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
I can remember a controversial discussion in 1.4 about "Delete tracks" context menu entries.
In generally, it's not a good idea in my opinion, because Amarok is a mediaplayer, not a filemanager. It's very dangerous to have this entry in the playlist, accidently deleted tracks will happen and the discussion will start again.

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Txema wrote:I've just installed version 2.2.0 in Gentoo and this isn't working yet, ¿is it in the TODO list for the 2.2.x series?

No, it is not, but there already are two scripts available to have this feature. those allow you to delete the current track from the playlist.
And, as already pointed out by m0nk, this is not something the developers will implement any time soon.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
anli
Registered Member
OS
Dieter Schroeder wrote:I can remember a controversial discussion in 1.4 about "Delete tracks" context menu entries.
In generally, it's not a good idea in my opinion, because Amarok is a mediaplayer, not a filemanager. It's very dangerous to have this entry in the playlist, accidently deleted tracks will happen and the discussion will start again.

m0nk

+100!