This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

A list of complaints for 2.2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Boar
Registered Member
OS

A list of complaints for 2.2

Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:05 pm
I feel like rant... um... listing things xD

1. I opted for saving last.fm login data as plaintext, yet Amarok tries to open kwallet again and again
2. the playlist uses the window background color, this is just wrong (does dolphin show the file list with the window background color?)
3. the marker for the current track is way too dark and narrow, it should be similar to a selected track only in a different color
4. clearing the playlist turns off dynamic playlist mode, which leads to the next point
5. there's no readily accessible on/off button for dynamic mode, going to the playlist settings is way to long
6. there's no way to turn off the applet switcher (at the bottom of the applet area), doesn't make much sense to have it if there's only one applet in use
7. the main toolbar (track position) is always the full width of the window, I wish it could sit right beside the collection view
8. that bread crumb thing is no good, two clicks instead of one, yay, the four entries one needs would easily fit horizontally beside each other
9. the applet area should have a fixable height, the current track applet for example has a fixed size anyway, no need to auto resize that area then
10. the collection view is missing dividers between letters (Artists A, Divider, Artist B etc.)
11. there's no indication if a track is already last.fm loved
12. the playlist is missing column headers
13. the whole UI needs some serious work, there are icons splattered all over the place, the dark colors, it's a drain on the eyes. I wish someone with UI design capabilities would have a look at this, just being able to move widgets to different places still doesn't cut it.

stuff I'm still missing from Amarok 1.4
- moodbar
- EQ
- labels