This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

sort songs by directory & filename

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jhay23
Registered Member

sort songs by directory & filename

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:49 pm
This missing feature has most hindered my use of amarok 2.x since the 1.x series. There should be an option both in collection view and playlist to be able to sort songs by the directory path and filename. Not all mp3s etc necessarily have correct id tags.

Kind regards,
jhay23
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Since the collection scans for the id3 tags, this is not implemented in the CollectionView (yet). But you definitely can filter and display the playlist by folder and filename in Amarok 2.2.0 already.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
yoko
Registered Member
I have interest in filename too :) use filenames not tag because i save music stream that not have tag. How i filter keyword of filename ? I can not find feature in 'search preferences'.

yoko