This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Please tell me there is a way to make Amarok usable.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Landis
Banned
OS
Hello,
This new interface to Amarok Sucks.
Please tell me there is a way to make it usable.
This marshmallow gooey look is useless!
Look at my screen shots and tell me how, without keeping it maximized (on my 21" display), i'm supposed to use this. Everything runs into the edges, nothing is obvious.
I can't tell what is what..
I can't play songs from my local network, server, my other workstation etc..
What was wrong with the nice clean look of the KDE3 Amarok?
(notice, I can not drag-n-drop media from my server or another workstation)

I can't figure out what the F* to do with this.
It Should NOT take me an afternoon to even start using it.
Using a audio file player should not require a collage course.

I loved Amarok, please tell me i'm stressing over nothing.
What can i use that is clean simple like the KDE3 Amarok?

Landis.

p.s., there doesn't seem to be a way to play files from my server or another openSuSE workstation in my house.. This sucks. Even smplayer can do that.
Landis
Banned
OS
After moving gigabytes of music to my local workstation and resizing Amarok..
It's easier than I first thought, but...
I absolutely do Not like that it can't build a playlist over my local network..
Can i change the 'skin' to something less bloated? A cleaner narrower look? Not so 'bubblegum' looking.

Thanks for listening.
Landis.

p.s., Just an FYI to you 'big brother' ****, I OWN My Software and MUSIC. Many Tens of Thousands of dollars! No ****.
I don't use openSuSE and KDE because it's free (I actually buy Novell SuSE in the box upon major releases), but because it's better, I get to **** to the actual developers, hopefully having an input while getting real answers and it's Not MicroSucks!
I don't want to think about how many things I've ended up buying Billy with the Thousands of my dollars he has for his **** 'software'.
Until Borcock Hussein Obomination came along, Bill Gates was on the top of my '...he's a JackAss' list. LOL

Landis Reed.
**** with me!
neverendingo
Administrator
OS
@Landis:

We had that already, please finally give the CoC and the a closer look!

Let me quote something from it:
As a user, remember that contributors work hard on their part of KDE and take great pride in it. If you are frustrated your problems are more likely to be resolved if you can give accurate and well-mannered information to all concerned.

Now looking at your posts i can't tell what you mean with bubblegum... Next, it would be nice to know how your workstations/servers are connected. NFS? Samba? This is what is meant with accurate information. Trust me, you would get faster help if you would just provide cleaner information.

Next quote from the CoC:
As a user, your feedback is important, as is its form. Poorly thought out comments can cause pain and the demotivation of other community members, but considerate discussion of problems can bring positive results. An encouraging word works wonders.

Yes, such emotional posts/requests result in demotivation of the developers/supporters to help out.

Now, it would be good to have such accurate information before any attempt to solve that. Also, i would be very interested in your font settings (font size, as i also have a 21'' monitor, and mine are way smaller).

Oh, and even if our word filter works good, still everybody gets an idea of what they could stay for. So anyway, this also falls under the above. It gives a bad motivation.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.