This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sound Animations

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mutlucan96
Registered Member
OS

Sound Animations

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:04 am
Turkish language translation program, translated into English as I am. Sorry for the strange sentences. ;)

Amarok is stopped in the only music animation has sound. Like this when you pause. Paused song starts. Changing the song. And similar places would be very nice if a small voice in the transition animations. Regards ...
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Re: Sound Animations

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:23 am
Are you perhaps referring to visualizations? If so, good news -- they are on the way. In fact, they are done, except for working with one of our backends (Xine or VLC). We hope they will work with VLC *soon.*

I miss them too.

Valorie
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:12 pm
I don't think it is about visualizations...
Could you please tell us which exact Amarok and KDE version you are using?
Unfortunately the translation from Turkish is really not that well, the sentences make almost no sense. Could you maybe try http://translate.google.com instead? It tends to give rather good results.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
mutlucan96
Registered Member
OS

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:31 pm
Mamarok wrote:I don't think it is about visualizations...
Could you please tell us which exact Amarok and KDE version you are using?
Unfortunately the translation from Turkish is really not that well, the sentences make almost no sense. Could you maybe try http://translate.google.com instead? It tends to give rather good results.

This is Google Translate :D
mutlucan96
Registered Member
OS

Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:42 pm
mutlucan96 wrote:Turkish language translation program, translated into English as I am. Sorry for the strange sentences. ;)

Amarok is stopped in the only music animation has sound. Like this when you pause. Paused song starts. Changing the song. And similar places would be very nice if a small voice in the transition animations. Regards ...

The ones you do not translate very well. :D

Single expression:
Example: Listen in: Pause>Play, Next song.... >>> for soft transition effect
Amarok in: only Stop for soft transition effect
Why not all effects?

Now?? :D :D
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:30 am
He means crossfading, I think

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:47 am
Indeed, this is about crossfading. Unfortunately this is not yet implemented in Amarok and also depends on the Phonon backend, as not all backends offer this possibility.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...