This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Provision for hidden directories Browsing .

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
CEN
Registered Member
OS
Hi , my first post to the forum.

Used Amorak for little while now and just getting my head around the playlist for the Amorak 2.3.0 version on Kubuntu . I have a Nokia N900 mobile under Maemo 5 .
The N900 puts music files under the .sounds/ directory which is a hidden directory. To save a lot of moving around of files and fiddling, it would be great to setup the hidden .sounds/ directory on the Phone as a music collection directory for Amorak. You can Add Media from this directory by typing in the .sounds/ directory when adding media. But in the configure collection menu you don't get the option to type the .sounds just pick from the gui which does not see the hidden directory type. Where is the collection directory information stored "perhaps I can make a manual entry ?" or can a command line panel be included, that way online sources could be included as collection directories ??

PPS .

Made a symbolic link in the /home/~/Music Directory to the Hidden Nokia directory . Now I can add it to the collection . All good !
Mamarok
Manager
OS
It is called Amarok, not Amorak....

There already is a wish for that in bugzilla, could you please add a comment and vote for it? https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=247158

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...