This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok and Allmusic

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zonachi
Registered Member

Amarok and Allmusic

Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:33 pm
Hello everyone!
why amarok does not support an Allmusic widget that could download some information from allmusic.com, if desired, like the review of the album, the rating, the cover, the genre and so on? I guess it's not difficult to do...is just like the one for wikipedia. But i think allmusic it's pretty much accurate than wikipedia for music.
don't you agree?
In my opinion, that would really be an important feature for amarok. I would love that and i think i'm not the only one.
thanks!
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Amarok and Allmusic

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:02 pm
Did you at least bother to read the Terms of Service of allmusic.com? It really doesn't look like we could offer anything linked to that for copyright reasons, and we will definitely not infringe other peoples copyright..

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...