This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unnecessary playlist slide bar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sonay
Registered Member
OS

Unnecessary playlist slide bar

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Here I am using a minimal playlist layout which only shows the title of the songs. Although all names are completely visible, there is a slide bar which consumes space. Is that a bug?
sonay
Registered Member
OS

Re: Unnecessary playlist slide bar

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:30 pm
By the way, those jumbled fonts under artist titles in similar artists are also a bug, right?
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:25 pm
Sonay, what version of Amarok are you running? What distro, what KDE version? In Kubuntu 10.10, newest from GIT, KDE 4.6, I don't see that.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:52 am
This may be caused by a fixed width field in the current playlist layout. You can fix this using the Playlist editor, accessible at Playlist > Playlist Layouts > Configure Playlist Layouts.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
sonay
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:08 pm
valoriez wrote:Sonay, what version of Amarok are you running? What distro, what KDE version? In Kubuntu 10.10, newest from GIT, KDE 4.6, I don't see that.

I am using arch linux with kde 4.6 and amarok version is 2.4. I have cleaned my amarok config files, yet the problem persists.

I'll compile the git-version and report back.
sonay
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 pm
bcooksley wrote:This may be caused by a fixed width field in the current playlist layout. You can fix this using the Playlist editor, accessible at Playlist > Playlist Layouts > Configure Playlist Layouts.

Layout is not fixed, it is configured to automatic, changing to various fixed states don't affect. Text is aligned to right, changing to others doesn't affect the situation
sonay
Registered Member
OS

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 am
I have just compiled the git version and the issues are still unsolved

Kash
Registered Member
OS

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:29 pm
Could you post screen shot of settings dialog with used layout in?
sonay
Registered Member
OS

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:14 am
Kash wrote:Could you post screen shot of settings dialog with used layout in?

sure:

Kash
Registered Member
OS

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 am
sonay wrote:

sure:

What's on the rest of tabs (head, body, etc.). Don't need to post, just check It. And check settings of this tokens (icon will appear on mouse hover), probably there is a fixed field size somewhere. I cant get this scrollbar even manually, Amarok doesn't allow me to make playlist width smaller that It needs to show all fields without scroll.
sonay
Registered Member
OS

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:25 am
Kash wrote:
sonay wrote:

sure:

What's on the rest of tabs (head, body, etc.). Don't need to post, just check It. And check settings of this tokens (icon will appear on mouse hover), probably there is a fixed field size somewhere. I cant get this scrollbar even manually, Amarok doesn't allow me to make playlist width smaller that It needs to show all fields without scroll.

Sorry, I accidentally pasted the important part which contained the Title settings to another forum last night.

As you can see from the previous screenshot, the only element is the Title button. Well, I just wanted to see the song's name, i.e, no time, no artist was necessary. On a netbook this is annoying to me as the space is very limited, it catches my focus from time to time, on my desktop I can't even notice it.