This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dynamic playlist usability

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Txema
Registered Member
OS

Dynamic playlist usability

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:09 pm
I'd like to know where can i find a manual to use this new dynamic playlist, because it's the most unintuitive thing i've seen in my whole life (to have to remeber all of the different genres is awful).

What i want to do is to match several conditions with different force for each one, but i don't see myself able to do it in this new version.

Thanks.
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Dynamic playlist usability

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:39 pm
There is a manual in the manual. http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/P ... cPlaylists

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "having to remember all of the different genres", as the Match Meta Tag > Genre bias provides a combobox with all the genres in, in the same way as the collection search builder does.

The Partition bias allows you to select different proportions for different conditions.

rengels
Registered Member
OS

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:00 pm
Txema,
different forces were not possible with the old dynamic playlists and are not possible with the new one.

I would have liked to implement something like that but it's too hard to understand for the typical user.

I am wondering: have you used the old dynamic playlists before?
Txema
Registered Member
OS

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 pm
Thanks for the manual, now it's a little more clear

by "having to remember all of the different genres" i mean that to make a bias you first need to go to your collection and see exactly the genre, group name, artist, etc and then add them to the rule. I'd like that in the moment of making the rule you could choose between the different values instead of this hard work looking for tags ant its value

Sentynel wrote:the Match Meta Tag > Genre bias provides a combobox with all the genres in, in the same way as the collection search builder does.

Yes that's what i was looking for, thanks ^^ Do you see? it's a little unintuitive (or maybe it's just me and i need more time)

By "different forces" i meant the old behavior of proportional bias and the current behavior of partition bias, or at least thats how i understand it because i can make a rule to have more o less weight than other

Thanks to both of you
rengels
Registered Member
OS

Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:08 am
Ok,
I understand that you have two points:

1. the search bias does not have an editor like the collection search does making it hard to create a new search

2. there is no weighted bias

Both are valid points and I might change them when I have some time.

Cheers,
Ralf
ssri
Registered Member
OS

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:53 pm
Is there a "Not" option among the biases available? It is not listed here: http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/P ... sts#Biases. The reason why is that I want the bias to load tracks from genre:Rock (genre:"Rock"), but the dynamic playlist also pulls in tracks from my "Classic Rock" genre.
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:17 pm
You just need to use match meta tag -> genre -> equals -> Rock.

There's also an "invert condition" option on the meta tag bias, which may be useful in other circumstances.