This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

search filter: no more text search within lyrics db

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fiz.ban
Registered Member
OS
Hi to all, I'm new here.

After waiting a lot of time (hoping it was just a question of time) I decided to write just to ask why from the 2.x amarok version the 'lyrics' search filter is no more available.

I'm talking about the possibility to search a specific text in all the lyrics in the db. For example I just wanna search all the songs in my library that have the text 'water' in their lyrics.

This option was present in amarok 1.x and I found it very usufull.

Is is possible to reintroduce this option?

Regards
Mamarok
Manager
OS
There already is a wish here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=174495 please subscribe to it to get notified of any changes.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
fiz.ban
Registered Member
OS
My request is different.

The subscribtion you refer to is to search text in the *ACTUAL* lyric (just like do firefox)

Instead, I'm asking to restore the feature (present in 1.x) that permit to search a string in *ALL* the lyrics stored in the db

Look here:

http://www.fizban.it/amarok.jpg

If I search 'goodbye' I can find only track that have the word 'goodbye' in the title, or in the album, or in many other fields (year, track number, artist name, etc)... but *not* in the 'lyrics' one.

In the old versione (1.x) it was possible to do it.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Then please make a new wish in bugzilla.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...