This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Autoscrolling improvements

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
thebiscuit
Registered Member
OS

Autoscrolling improvements

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:12 pm
Hi all,

I really like the lyrics autoscrolling, but... I am finding that the first few lines of lyrics scroll off the screen if there is any intro to a song. It seems unnecessary to start scrolling immediately if for example all but one line of the lyrics are visible.

My first stab at heuristics was to start scrolling only after %displayed_lyrics/2 elapsed time. I imagine that it will never be perfect, but it would be a lot better.

I looked at [amarok.git]/src/context/applets/lyrics/LyricsApplet.cpp and it seemed easy to make the change if it is possible to know what % of the lyrics are being displayed.

Thanks

-Patrick
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Autoscrolling improvements

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:15 pm
Sounds good to me (note: I'm not an Amarok developer). If you know anything about C++ I would suggest that you try fix it and submit a patch. :)

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts