This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Midomi Soundhound script/plugin for Amarok

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
debian.debsid
Registered Member
OS
It would be brilliant if there was a way to implement the re-naming of "track-01" (etc..) "files and tags", using Midomi Soundhound, just by playing a few seconds of a song and select from a generated list of what to "tag" and "ID3 name" the file.
Im currently using my android device using Soundhound to figure out the name and artist of songs I have no idea who they are. This takes too much time typing the name & artist for the ID3 name, and then have MusikBrainz (which is terrible to some extent) to tag the file. My collection is a mess, and so am I for updating my collection for 4 days straight!
Midomi Soundhound is an awesome tool (and you dont just need to sing the song verbally looking like a fool) to play a song and it knows within seconds what the song is! F-ing amazing tool! ;D.
Some other interesting ideas would be to implement "SoundConverter" to convert m4a, wma, mp3, etc.. file types.
I am also using "jmp3renamer" to rename the file from the tags generated from MusicBrainz.
Ok enough ranting, but it would be cool to have these features wrapped up into Amarok of which I love, but would do better with these extra tools added for managing music collections seamlessly.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Amarok is a music player, not a mass tagging, tool. This is a deliberate choice of the developers. Also Midomi Soundhound is not Free Software so it can't be integrated into Amarok anyway.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
debian.debsid
Registered Member
OS
Brasero mass tags corrects title info and databases your music collection.
Reverse engineering usually works to develop new packages, but not sure if heat would come on the developers for this.