This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

UI suggestion

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ric
Registered Member
OS

UI suggestion

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:24 pm
Hi!

First I wanted to say that I like Amarok very much and it is pretty much my only choice for music. But I want to ask for a design improvement.

Problem:
I switch very often between "Local Collection", "Playlists/Dynamic Playlists" and "Internet Services".
This kind of switching is not very encoureged by the UI design of Amarok. I always have to get back and forth through this kind of directory structure where these services are located and the many mouse clicks I have to do to get there are nagging me.
So it would be very nice if there would be an easier way to switch between the different services in future.

Suggestion:
- reconsider the old style of the UI in the beginning of Amarok 2.0 or before, especially the icons on the left border.

- enable creating links/shortcuts and offer space to place it somewhere on the UI. Amarok has a flexible UI and you are using a directory structure to reach the services. So wouldn't it be nice to have a shortcut system like a Desktop environment has it?

I don't know how other users see this. Maybe you like it as it is now or you want to post your own idea / suggestion about this.
It would be nice if this thought is considered in the development of Amarok.
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS

Re: UI suggestion  Topic is solved

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:45 pm
Media sources navigation is already included in Amarok's bookmark system. Star button in the top right of the media sources pane. Bookmark views you use a lot and switch between them quickly with that menu.

ric
Registered Member
OS

Re: UI suggestion

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:56 pm
Ah cool thank you, I didn't knew that.