This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Theming Amarok 2: What's needed in an SVG to be an Amarok Theme?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Bugsbane
Registered Member
Hi there,

I'd like to do some Amarok 2 theming. I've heard that it's all just an SVG with "some minor tweaks" but I'm having real trouble finding out what those minor tweaks are...
I already know my way around Inkscape, but can anyone advise / point me to documentation on what needs to be in my svg's to work as an Amarok theme?

Also I'm wondering if the "lightened icons" problem mentioned at http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/wiki/Category:Artwork is still an issue in Amarok 2, or if it's outdated.
sebr
We don't have any documentation of how to "theme" Amarok, mainly because we don't offer it as a feature. But if you really must, you should find the file "default-clean.svgz". The elements are all contained in the single file and you should be able to figure it out.
Hydrogen
Registered Member
default.svgz has everything labeled nicely as well, but qt's svg renderer doesn't like all the extra stuff, so we read from default-clean.svgz
Bugsbane
Registered Member
Found it, thanks. So it's only the labels that make the difference, or is there anything else? I only ask because it sounded like some help might have been useful here:
http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/t ... l#msg22575

Is there somewhere more useful to help?
Hydrogen
Registered Member
Yes, it's only the id.

And using the colors mentioned in the pane on the bottom right (to adapt to the color scheme)
Bugsbane
Registered Member
Thanks Dan!

That really helped.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Bugsbane wrote:Thanks Dan!

That really helped.

Care to show us a screenshot of your results? Just out of interest :)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Bugsbane
Registered Member
Patience Grasshopper!

The young willow must bend with the wind until it becomes many enough that are mighty and able to stand against it.... (Meaning nothing's finished that it's ready to show yet!)

Will post when done(ish) :D
Scnd101
Registered Member
OS
Hey everyone :)

I've tried themeing amarok a bit:

I haven't looked much but I can't find the applet elements (current track, lyrics), I'm guessing these are in default-clean.svgz as well?

EDIT: they're not :-/
lfranchi
KDE Developer
the applets mostly do not use SVG themeing. they used to. but the constant resizing of the SVG elements was slow and took up a lot of CPU time. So, currently, the layout is done by hand, and the color is a desaturated version of the system highlight color.

leo

Amarok developer.

lfranchi, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Scnd101
Registered Member
OS
lfranchi wrote:the applets mostly do not use SVG themeing. they used to. but the constant resizing of the SVG elements was slow and took up a lot of CPU time. So, currently, the layout is done by hand, and the color is a desaturated version of the system highlight color.

leo

ok, that settles it :)
jackieearlehaley
Registered Member
Hydrogen wrote:Yes, it's only the id

And using the colors mentioned in the pane on the bottom right (to adapt to the color scheme)

it's only the labels that make the difference
Thanks.
jackieearlehaley.