This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

collaboration and content prep

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
djinnkeeper
Registered Member
OS

collaboration and content prep

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:34 pm
I would like to develop a Gluon-based game, but I don't want to work alone. I am not a programmer and would prefer to function in just about any area besides.. (overall concept and design, writing, art, music and sound..) Obviously, the larger the team, the more narrowly I would focus my own efforts. I am open to just about any kind of game, though I tend to loathe real-time strategies. (Ogre Battle doesn't count!)

I want to collaborate on a project that is simple enough it doesn't need a drawn out explanation, yet agreeable enough that bickering can't slow it down. Something to get a group of people's collective feet wet with this new platform. ..and yes, I do have plenty of working ideas to play with, but I worry that many of them are too much at this early stage.

I suppose if I have a question somewhere in this post, it is regarding proper avenue of recruitment. Of course, anywhere I can find the right people is best, but does anyone have suggestions for finding like-minded people?

Glued-On Games?
partymetroid
Registered Member
OS

Re: collaboration and content prep

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:19 am
In the IRC chatroom, we were discussing making a game to showcase Gluon's features. The ideas were a Mario-like clone or a clone of the game Crimsonland (which I had never heard of before the discussion).

I too am not a programmer and would prefer to function in "just about anything beside". Maybe you and I could work together. :)

Glued-On Games sounds great! :D
Kubuntiac
Registered Member

Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:11 am
I'd love to do some graphics for a mario-like game, as long as it kept well clear of legal issues. I actually already did a bunch of stuff for Secret Maryo Chronicles. ^-^

I'm actually watching Gluon specifically *because* I'd like to help make a Mario-like game!
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:34 am
Kubuntiac wrote:I'm actually watching Gluon specifically *because* I'd like to help make a Mario-like game!

I'm similarly interested in a super metroid clone.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
Kubuntiac
Registered Member

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:58 am
TheBlackCat wrote:I'm similarly interested in a super metroid clone.

One of the best. games. *ever*. :) I'd be in on that!

Maybe a mario/metroid combination? Explore a large, dark and menacing world, picking up more and more powerful ways of jumping on top of enemies while you discover secret hidden passages and friendly floating brains to ride on...

Sheesh, I've got to get out more... or channel Shigeru Miyamoto.
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:19 am
Shiggy didn't actually have anything to do with metroid except for the Prime games.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965
Kubuntiac
Registered Member

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:33 am
I guess it shouldn't surprise me, really. Metroid has a much darker feel than the other Nintendo mainstays.
partymetroid
Registered Member
OS

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:49 pm
Woah, totally forgot about this topic. :<

I haven't seen David (djinnkeeper) online in ages...

... a game made in Gluon still interests me, but I unfortunately have no programming prowess (and I'm so busy with drawing and writing that I have no time for it, either... though I may be able to make time; dunno).

If anyone would like to collaborate, still, please contact me. :)
Kubuntiac
Registered Member

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:45 am
Raising my hand as another "artist happy to help if we can get some coding help" :)

Any coders out there willing to help?