This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Windows Version of Gluon?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
doodaddy
Registered Member

Windows Version of Gluon?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:02 pm
I noticed that one of the Gluon devs had worked on a Windows version. Is that available? If so, it isn't listed in the "installation" instructions on the gluon site, so I wasn't sure.

Gluon looks pretty awesome from the website! I found it because I was considering toying with a Qt based game editor myself. I would use Torque as a model, which is pretty close to what Gluon is doing as well.

Kudos!
Charlie
Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen
Registered Member

Re: Windows Version of Gluon?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:09 pm
There is indeed a Windows version in the works :) The reason it isn't listed on the install instructions is that it is currently not very easy to install, but if you're interested, drop by the channel and we'll see! :

Really glad to hear you found us because of that, there's always more room for people to join our little team! :D
lpapp
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:04 am
doodaddy wrote:I noticed that one of the Gluon devs had worked on a Windows version. Is that available? If so, it isn't listed in the "installation" instructions on the gluon site, so I wasn't sure.

Yeah, It would be nice to make a binary installer at some point from a working version (maybe some git snapshot or next release version). I was trying to learn how to do that, but I got sleepy last night. :p

I think we could still collect the steps how to do the source compilation for those who are interested in the bleeding edge development (or just would like to help with testing).

We have made a good progress half a year ago and also these weeks on Windows and I consider the Windows platform support very important.
doodaddy
Registered Member

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:00 pm
Cool! I'm very visual, so a WYSIWYG editor is important to me.

Hmm. I'm not one who knows much about IRC channels. If there is a basic set of instructions -- such as what libraries I'll need, and what flags to use -- I can probably get it working and see how it goes from there. Maybe learn IRC after that.

Keep on coding!
Thanks.