This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Best "more stable" machine and OS for Krita?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
inzunza
Registered Member
Hi there guys, I have a question for you. Actually I have a Mac and not very happy with krita performance, and its not about Krita, Mac is the problem and gonna move to another PC so want to ask here according your experience, what actually is the best pc brand to run krita and what OS (windows or linux) if linux could be Kubuntu? KDE environment helps to have a better workflow and performance? and last question, what screen tablet is the king to run krita? Huion, Ugee, Gaomon etc? did you have that kind of info? I just want to be sure to make a good invest in my new tools and really want to work with Krita in pro illustrations market, love it so I really appreciate any suggestions, thanks!!!.
halla
KDE Developer
OS
You could try to make your mac dual boot with Linux first; depending on its age the results should be acceptable. Linux in general performs better than Windows. Better file system performance, better window management (if you use the Plasma desktop). As for tablets, with Linux, the best choice is a second-hand Wacom Intuos 3. Wacom in general works reasonably well. Huion has supported the Krita project, but currently doesn't work well in general with macOS.