This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I wanted to remind you

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ghostlycosmoz
Registered Member

I wanted to remind you

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:54 pm
I just am taking my time to remind you a new feature similar to the navigator in Ps was promised to be added to Krita almost 8 years ago but it still isn't added yet. I like the overview tool but it isn't enough and the navigator-like feature in Ps seems much better I hope that gets added. thanks

viewtopic.php?f=137&t=102219#p222565
the forum where it was mentioned
halla
KDE Developer
OS

Re: I wanted to remind you

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:17 pm
Actually, you're wrong. Check out the overview docker.
tymond
KDE Developer

Re: I wanted to remind you

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:23 pm
Have you seen the Overview docker in Krita 5 (the current dev version)? It has more stuff than Overview in Krita 4.4.5.

And "it's not enough and X seems much better" is not enough data. At least be precise and constructive, if you cannot find a strength in yourself to not be rude ("I wanted to remind you", sounds a tiny bit demanding). *What exactly* it is what you need and *why* you need it. See https://docs.krita.org/en/untranslatabl ... tures.html for details.

Also saying "not added yet" is a bit strange - I mean the Overview docker is meant to do something similar, just because it's not 100% the same as in some other program, you can't say it's nonexistent. For example, Photoshop's brush engine is in fact added and exists in Photoshop even though it doesn't have features Krita has. The same goes for Overview docker in Krita versus Navigator in Photoshop.