This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can I use graphic tablet with Krita?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
LittleItalianArtist
Registered Member
OS
Hi, I'm new, I'm 13 and I very like draw. In the last ones i decided to buy a graphic tablet [Sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian :c] and when I subscribed here my first question was:
"Krita, this super cool free artists tool, can support graphic tablet for draw?" and if the answer is YES how? Thanks for answer!
If I posted this topic in the wrong section, sorry, i registered one minute ago.
google01103
Manager
moved to Krita General Help forum

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

scottpetrovic
Registered Member
OS
Yes. Krita supports graphics tablets. What kind are you thinking of buying? Krita works pretty well with most of them. There are a few of them that I hear have issues--like ones made by Genius.
josepmarie
Registered Member
I have a wacom Bamboo and it works fine in kde ubuntu.
tmcalister
Registered Member
Here is their list of Graphic Tablets https://docs.krita.org/List_of_Tablets_Supported
mastermemorex
Registered Member
I am using a Surface Pro. I initially had problems with the drivers, because there were no pen pressure, but somewhere in the forums explain how to solve it and now is working. However I also recommend to have any inexpensive keyboard. I tried to work without it, but it gets very awkward and difficult.

Maybe future versions will get more keyboard-free friendly. ^-^