This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Krita paintbrush lagging

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
clockworkdragon
Registered Member

Krita paintbrush lagging

Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:54 pm
Hello, I'm having extreme lag with the Krita paintbrush to the point where it will disappear for a while. The odd part is this started pretty recently, about 3-4 days ago. I am using either the 3.1.1 version of Krita or the 3.1.2 version and am using the mouse that came with my laptop and not a tablet.

Any help would be appreciated.
halla
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Krita paintbrush lagging

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:18 am
Check that you didn't enable the stabilizer by accident. Otherwise, since you imply that you didn't change Krita, it must be something else that changed on your system. An update or some other application starting to hog the cpu.
clockworkdragon
Registered Member

Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:54 pm
Thank you, I checked and my stabilizer's been off and most of my computer's memory is still available.
clockworkdragon
Registered Member

Fri May 05, 2017 11:17 pm
Bump
timotimo
Registered Member
OS

Fri May 05, 2017 11:25 pm
if what you're drawing takes a while before it appears, you're probably running into the recent GPU bug affecting krita.

try if disabling Settings → Configure Krita → General → Display → Use Opengl helps as a work-around
halla
KDE Developer
OS

Sat May 06, 2017 6:41 am
Try to update your display drivers:

https://docs.krita.org/KritaFAQ#Krita_s ... _Intel_GPU