This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Krita won't save my project in any type of file form...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
selmah
Registered Member
So I recently downloaded Krita and started on a small project. When I decided to save my project I could not. Krita tells me that the "File is not found." and "Check the file name and try again." It does not matter if the file is saved as a .kra file or .jpeg... Krita will not save my project in any file format at all.
ahabgreybeard
Registered Member
OS
I assume you did Save As and then used the file explorer to save it in C:Users/selmah/pictures/ as project1.kra, or wherever?

Did krita refuse to save it or could you not find it after saving it? If Krita refused to save it then it sounds like you specified a location that you don't have permission to access. Can you post a full .png screenshot showing this situation?
selmah
Registered Member
ahabgreybeard wrote:I assume you did Save As and then used the file explorer to save it in C:Users/selmah/pictures/ as project1.kra, or wherever?

Did krita refuse to save it or could you not find it after saving it? If Krita refused to save it then it sounds like you specified a location that you don't have permission to access. Can you post a full .png screenshot showing this situation?

Yes, tried to use Save AS and all that happens is that Krita refuses to save it. This is my personal computer, so no password protected files or folders as of yet.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/20/f2/cb/20f2cbc069d986845af09c7a0e370603.png
ahabgreybeard
Registered Member
OS
I've just tried replicating your situation on a Windows 10 installation using the latest bug-fixed krita 4.0.4 which is available here:
https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Krit ... ows_Build/

I suggest that you download and use this latest krita 4.0.4 version. You can get the .zip version and extract it then use it as a standalone application or you can get the -setup.exe version to do a reinstallation.

I had no difficulty in creating a new Krita image and doing Save As to a .kra file in my C:\Users\ area.
What I'm about to suggest is a diagnostic exercise.

Here is a download link to the file I created and Saved: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v5lk53seety7 ... e.kra?dl=0
Use the Download button at the top right and ignore the invitation to sign up to Dropbox.

Please download it then copy it to your C:\Users\Seruma\Drawings\Steffano challenge\ folder.
Then see if you can open it, paint a line or something in it then do Save As Number_Two.kra. You should see Number_One.kra in the folder listing when you do the Save As with the krita document option.

If not, then there is something strange about your Windows installation. Given that this is your first time using krita, do you have a paranoid anti-virus that quarantines any file that has an extension is doesn't recognise? It's a longshot question and I'm clutching at straws here.