This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

big problems with Krita

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
michaelstolz
Registered Member

big problems with Krita

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:45 pm
Hello, I have already longer TIME big problems with Krita. And nobody helps me to fix them. It's true that Krita can not find these particular iForce 73 brushes. and it displays thump taps that have no content. I have tried many things to delete them. None of the Krita creators showed me a way to get rid of these problems. I hope you can help me.
Greetings

Mstolz
ahabgreybeard
Registered Member
OS

Re: big problems with Krita

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:13 pm
Over a period of time, your krita installation seems to have developed a set of complex and confusing problems, mostly associated with resources. Have you considered doing a total removal of krita followed by a fresh installation?

You would need to first make a backup copy of any external resources, such as custom brushes and brush presets, any bundles (such as the iForce brush presets and brushes) and any personal resources you created, such as workspaces etc. Also make a backup of the krita--rc files for later reuse if you want to.

Then you could start from new and try to introduce the external and personal resources gradually. Before each stage of introducing additional resources, you can make a backup of your ..../krita resources folder and the krita--rc configuration files for restoration if you encounter problems.

I realise this may seem drastic and will take time but I think that it would be better than your currrent situation.
michaelstolz
Registered Member

Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:48 am
I would have thought that someone from the admins and reports and tries to clarify. But they are silent. I say thank.

I also found the problem with another PC that has completely different hardware. This is so since version 4. Am I the only one with these problems? So far, none has yet reported. I would write a bug report, but I have no idea how to do that.
mcoudert
Registered Member
OS

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:40 pm
Hi, did you try what ahabgreybeard said? = to delete all the ressources file and try with a fresh new install of Krita...

XP-Pen Artist Pro 24 - Windows 10
michaelstolz
Registered Member

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:40 pm
Yes, I deleted everything, Total. And reinstalled. I happen to read that Krita has some difficulty with the tags. But my Krita time is over.
mcoudert
Registered Member
OS

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:14 am
I don't understand everything, i don't have the tag you're talking about... You leave Krita just because you have a problem in the tags management? It's pity...

XP-Pen Artist Pro 24 - Windows 10
michaelstolz
Registered Member

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:14 pm
Not only because some brushes I wanted to use are not displayed.
kamathraghavendra
Registered Member
OS

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:05 pm
Hi michaelstolz,

First advice i am going to give you is to be patient, as you may already know that Krita is a program developed by mainly volunteers and community, There is no big company behind it. So there is no one sitting at a desk to give you support like the big companies give you. Many good people here answer your queries on their free time, nobody is paying them, so at the least it would be nice if you have some patience. I see that most of your question have replies so there is clearly someone trying to help you.

It is unfortunate that you are facing problems with Krita.

Besides that can we know more about this IForce 73 brush, do you have a link, did you download it from somewhere,
Also a screenshot showing the problem may help.

michaelstolz
Registered Member

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 am
Here is the link to IForce 73: https://www.deviantart.com/iforce73/art ... -740368784. These brushes are also listed on Krita Ressurces.
ahabgreybeard
Registered Member
OS

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:33 am
IForce73 has recently updated this collection of brushes and has provided lots more that there was before. I did have the previous collection installed.

I've just downloaded the new updated collection and used them and they are very good indeed. Here's what I did:

Open .../krita/bundles and delete all the old Env_.... bundle files. Opened .../krita/brushes and delete the old 'Mountains and Structures', etc folders.
Start krita and make sure that they are all gone from the brush presets docker list. Close krita.

Unzip the new downloaded file from IForce73 on deviantart. Copy the folder called 'Bundles' to the .../krita/bundles folder. Copy the folder called 'Brushes' to the .../krita/brushes folder. You might want to rename them as iForce_ENV_Bundles and iForce_ENV-Brushes to avoid confusion in the future.

Start krita and they are all there, more than 80 of them. It was a quick and simple process.

I suggest that you use this method and don't use the Resources Manager because iForce73 has not produced a bundle suitable for brushes, they have to be installed manually. This is made clear in the .pdf instruction files that are included in the .zip download.

If you do this and can't see them, it may be that you previously tried deleting them in some way and have their names in the blacklist files. Previous attempts to 'clean up' may result in certain brush preset or bundle names being blacklisted in this way.

This is just one of the reasons that I suggested a fresh and clean start for your krita installation.
michaelstolz
Registered Member
@ ahabgreybeard , Thank you for your support. I first installed the current version, but again showed the crosses. Even the phantom taps were back. Then I loaded an older 4.1, and lo and behold, everything as it should be. There were no additional taps. I can live with that.