This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Slow Motion on Krita

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
salkhakani
Registered Member

Slow Motion on Krita

Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:55 pm
Hello, to whomever it may consider!

I've recently downloaded Krita and was animating when i realized that i count stretch my sound to make it fit a certain number of frames.
since when animating slow motion, you need to draw more frames it takes to do something than regularly. for example, if you REGULARLY animated a person moving their arm up and down, and that took you 10 frames, you would need to animated that person moving their arm up and down in 20-30 frames, but the duration would still be the same, thus making the animated figure, in slow-motion. but dont confuse this with the frame-rate.

but the only problem is, is that i can't modify my audio to make it FIT the slowmotion frames, so what do i do?

help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, and have a grand day. :)
halla
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Slow Motion on Krita

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:38 am
I guess the only think you can do is modify the audio in another application, like audacity (https://www.audacityteam.org/).
ahabgreybeard
Registered Member
OS

Re: Slow Motion on Krita

Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:55 am
With Audacity, you can do an effect called 'Change Tempo' that will change the speed/duration of a sound sample and automatically apply an appropriate pitch correction at the same time. The result is surprisingly good, even for voices and singing.