This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Customizing my own palette in Krita

Tags: palette palette palette
(comma "," separated)
juhan
Registered Member

Customizing my own palette in Krita

Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 pm
Hello,

I'm having a problem with customizing my own palette. From what I've understood, you have to create your own "file" like the "default", and then you can add in new color groups and your own colors. So I've made a file (using the bottom-left icon in the palette box) and tried adding a new color group but it didn't work. When I created it the program DID make it - when I tried making another one it was named Color Group 2 - but I just couldn't spot it in the file. So when I added new colors into the color group nothing showed up as well. When I was using other premade files it all worked perfectly. What could the problem be?

Also, are the colors permanently saved in the files you create?
ren062408
Registered Member
OS
juhan wrote:Hello,

I'm having a problem with customizing my own palette. From what I've understood, you have to create your own "file" like the "default", and then you can add in new color groups and your own colors. So I've made a file (using the bottom-left icon in the palette box) and tried adding a new color group but it didn't work. When I created it the program DID make it - when I tried making another one it was named Color Group 2 - but I just couldn't spot it in the file. So when I added new colors into the color group nothing showed up as well. When I was using other premade files it all worked perfectly. What could the problem be?

Also, are the colors permanently saved in the files you create?

I just want to share my experience with working with palettes. When adding colors, I switch to a different pallet and back to refresh the changes. Creating groups after the default is working fine, I just find it not working when there is no color in the default group, but putting one color in there made it work for me.
TheraHedwig
KDE Developer
OS
Yes, the 4.1.5 palette docker is buggy and the fix for the bugs is in 4.2 but big enough we cannot backport it.