This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't Render any Animations.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
thetruegamayoshi
Registered Member

Can't Render any Animations.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:59 pm
Hello I was just wondering that I can't seem to render any of my animations of krita anymore. I keep getting the error message saying "Permission Denied" and I have looked everywhere but found no true answer to deal with. I followed all of the tutorials and peoples guides but to no avail. So please someone help me here I am seriously out of options.

I use Krita alot and need to animate :/ I have the latest version with everything up to date.
Heres some of the code I deal with too.

Opening an output file: C:/Users/Kenny Venancio/Desktop/Updated Final Comic For Living A Lie/Animations/Please work.mp4.
[file @ 000002746fd29080] Setting default whitelist 'file,crypto,data'
C:/Users/Kenny Venancio/Desktop/Updated Final Comic For Living A Lie/Animations/Please work.mp4: Permission denied

It's saying I have a render output error but idk where that is.
ahabgreybeard
Registered Member
OS

Re: Can't Render any Animations.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:44 pm
That is the log output of ffmpeg after the intermediate .png frame files have been written to the target folder. So krita has successfully written files to the target folder. Just to make sure, can you try rendering a very short and simple animation with the option Export: Both. That should leave the intermediate frame files on your desktop as assurance that krita has no problem in that area.

The encoding frames process is offloaded onto ffmpeg and it looks like ffmpeg has somehow 'lost' permissions to write to the hard drive, specfically to your desktop folder. This is a Windows permisions thing and someone else had this problem recently so I wonder if it's because of a Windows update.
Try a target location in your Documents or Pictures folder instead to see if that makes a difference.

One possibility is some security/anti-virus software that you may have installed. Try disabling any such software or try teling it that ffmpeg can be trusted.
You can also try running krita as Administrator in case ffmpeg inherits the permissions of the application that calls it. (I've no idea if it does but it can't hurt to try it.)

You can try to downoad ffmpeg again and leave it in your Downloads folder and point to that location from within krita to see if that helps.