This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

No answers yet

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Spaceboy64
Registered Member

No answers yet

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:54 am
I posted a question July 16 and still haven't gotten a response. I am writing about what I think is a bug. I haven't found any info about it here.

I am trying to save a grayscale EXR image. I created the image in Krita using the 4096 x 4096 32 bit grayscale profile I chose when I started. When I'm working on it, it has a gray channel and an alpha channel. When I save it as EXR and reload it, it has RGBA channels and appears green in color because the green channel is white, and the blue channel is black. The red channel contains my grayscale image. Is there a solution to this? Am I doing something wrong? When I save in other formats it's fine.

I'm a newbie at Krita. Is there a way to delete channels like I can in Photoshop? Or draw just in one channel? Can't I edit the alpha channel?

Thanks.
ahabgreybeard
Registered Member
OS

Re: No answers yet

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:58 pm
When I try this, the 4.4.5 appimage and the July 30th 5.0.0-prealpha appimage won't even open the Exported .exr file.

I suggest that you first go to https://krita-artists.org/ (sign up and sign in needed) and create a New Topic with a General Questions category explaining the problem.
That forum seems to have a lot more activity for krita.
After that, a formal bug report may be needed at https://bugs.kde.org/ but get opinion on that forum first.
People there will also be able to answer your questions about channels and editing channels.
I think you have to use Image -> Separate Image.
tymond
KDE Developer

Re: No answers yet  Topic is solved

Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:34 am
I think you can just report it straight to bugs.kde.org, no need to go to krita-artists.org, it does sound like a legitimate bug and needs to be reported.

(Note that on bugs.kde.org you might not get an immediate answer either, but your report *will* be remembered (unlike here on the forum :P ) - it's like a long TODO list for Krita developers, and the bugs are being both reported and fixed all the time, even if they are not fixed immediately after the report (sometimes there is more time needed until someone works in that area of Krita and checks the bug reports to see what needs to be done)).
Spaceboy64
Registered Member

Re: No answers yet

Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:55 am
Thanks.

With new software, I never know if it's a bug, or I'm just doing something wrong because I don't know how the software works.
I'll make a bug report.

Thanks again.