This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Wallpaper reverts to default theme wallpaper.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xiee
Registered Member
So I just did a fresh reinstall of EndeavourOS (Arch) and used KDE Plasma as my DE. I have a dual monitor setup, a main 27 inch monitor and a secondary 24 inch monitor that's vertically mounted. Right off the bat I noticed something odd. Every time I restart, the wallpaper reverts to the default (Breeze) wallpaper on just my main monitor. I have set different wallpapers for both monitors and only the secondary monitor "remembers" the wallpaper I set it to.

At first, I thought it had something to do with the path since my images were on another hard drive so I moved the images to my /home directory on the NVME drive where the OS is installed, but it still does the same thing.

I also noticed that when I changed the global theme to something else (for example Sweet Mars), it does the same thing. It will remember the wallpaper of the secondary monitor but not the main monitor. It reverts to the wallpaper of the current default them on the main monitor (in this instance, Sweet Mars).

Is there some sort of persistent new setting for the wallpapers? Or is this some sort of bug?
tmzrplasma
Registered Member
I have the exact same thing going on and cannot figure out how to fix it.
mariuslettres
Registered Member
Same problem and I don't know what to do.