This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to disable the alt+N, alt+F etc hotkey

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
yuyuyu
Registered Member
When I press alt+F

When I press alt+D

I use vscode keymap in idea, so when i use alt+shift+f to format my code, it always show the File menu :'( , and I find that happen in any applications except vscode, when I press the alt+other buttons like F, E, V, H, T, P etc, it will show the corresponding menu.
These confuse me very much, and I try this way

Right click the window titlebar (e.g. VMware or Citrix);
More Actions > Configure Special Window Settings...
Click Add Property... and select Ignore global shortcuts.
Select force and yes. Apply it.

but it still not work.
Thank you for help!
leonardocastelli
Registered Member
I think that you can disable the (global) shortcut instead of ignoring it...?

To do this go to the system settings, on workspace > shortcuts > shortcuts (again) > then disable any alt+"button" hotkey/shortcut is overlapping.

But i haven't found the Alt+F or Alt+N on the list, so it might be in another configuration menu, in a system config file only, and maybe you could only edit it by ediiting the file via terminal with sudo.

But thats only a guess, I hope someone more qualifyed than me can answer your question better.
yuyuyu
Registered Member
leonardocastelli wrote:I think that you can disable the (global) shortcut instead of ignoring it...?

To do this go to the system settings, on workspace > shortcuts > shortcuts (again) > then disable any alt+"button" hotkey/shortcut is overlapping.

But i haven't found the Alt+F or Alt+N on the list, so it might be in another configuration menu, in a system config file only, and maybe you could only edit it by ediiting the file via terminal with sudo.

But thats only a guess, I hope someone more qualifyed than me can answer your question better.

I find the way to solve it, in idea, can use it to solve:
settings -> Appearance & Behavior -> Appearance -> window option -> disable mnemonics in menu
Now I can code happily :)
yuyuyu
Registered Member
I've found the solution, just
settings -> Appearance & Behavior -> Appearance -> window option -> disable mnemonics in menu
thanks