This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

how to integrate Firefox into KDE

Tags: firefox, file-picker, places firefox, file-picker, places firefox, file-picker, places
(comma "," separated)
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Hi soliver,

I don't understand, what has mozplugger to do with kde integration?

BTW, could you use a different uploader such as www.omploader.org - they don't insist on java scripting, ads and other unpleasantness :)

Debian testing
SOliver
Registered Member
OS
Integrating KDE Apps (kmplayer/okular/kword) into Firefox has nothing to do with integrating Firefox into KDE? :-S

Last edited by SOliver on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Hm, when you put it like that :)

However, mozplugger makes my firefox crash consistently when trying to listen to the BBC :(

Debian testing
RighteousAura
Registered Member
OS
Is there a simple way to change out the firefox icons with ones of my own choosing?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I think Firefox uses themes for this purpose. I believe there are some Oxygen ones around somewhere.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
RighteousAura
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:I think Firefox uses themes for this purpose. I believe there are some Oxygen ones around somewhere.

I understand that. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a quick way to edit the themes to change just the icons. I did a bit of searching for it but couldn't find anything on just changing the firefox icons and I didn't want to go through the whole theming process. Probably should be asking elsewhere for this, but I thought someone here might know. The reason I ask this is that I have changed the oxygen icons to green and would like that to also be the same in firefox.

Last edited by RighteousAura on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
sayakb
Administrator
OS
Madman
Registered Member
OS
Strangely, I've noticed that Firefox 2.x actually integrates really well with Qt, but not Firefox 3.x, for some reason... I wander what had changed?

Madman, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Ahmad Samir
Registered Member
OS
You mean icon wise? by default firefox uses the gnome icon theme. The icons in context menus (cut, paste....) are in /usr/share/icons/gnome/16x16 . And the icons in the navigation toolbar are in /usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24 . At least this is the case in Mandriva.
Madman
Registered Member
OS

RE: how to integrate Firefox into KDE

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:29 am
medo3891 wrote:You mean icon wise? by default firefox uses the gnome icon theme. The icons in context menus (cut, paste....) are in /usr/share/icons/gnome/16x16 . And the icons in the navigation toolbar are in /usr/share/icons/gnome/24x24 . At least this is the case in Mandriva.

I actually meant a lot of the ugliness from Firefox 3, like tabs/search bars etc. It all looks good in Firefox 2, but not in 3.

Madman, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
foolosophy
Registered Member
There should be a way to fire up KDE4 filepicker from Firefox. It used to be possible in the days of KDE3 and Firefox 2. I've searched everywhere and can't find the answer. Anyone? (Of course, ideally, this should be like this for all GTK apps, not only Firefox).
greenmang0
Registered Member
OS

RE: how to integrate Firefox into KDE

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 am
foolosophy wrote:There should be a way to fire up KDE4 filepicker from Firefox. It used to be possible in the days of KDE3 and Firefox 2. I've searched everywhere and can't find the answer. Anyone? (Of course, ideally, this should be like this for all GTK apps, not only Firefox).

Please let me know to do it in KDE 3.
tanamo
Registered Member
OS

Last edited by tanamo on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tabris
Registered Member
OS
Returning to this:

There's a new theme available on KDE-Look know as Oxygen-Molecule KDE & GTK+ unified theme which offers an excellent integration for GTK apps in KDE 4.2, including the Oxygen icons and the color scheme:

L_V
Banned
OS
Any news for gtk file-picker ?
Kgtk was working great with KDE3.
Still a complete mess with KDE4 ?

Any known solution ?