This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
The Discussions and Opinions forum is a place for open discussion regarding everything related to KDE, within the boundaries of KDE Code of Conduct. If you have a question or need a solution for a KDE problem, please post in the apppropriate forum instead.

NEWS: KDE community mailing list invites you!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jospoortvliet
Registered Member
OS
Dear Forum friends!

We've set up a kde-community mailing list for governance-related discussions in public. Long overdue, I know... This is also for you all - it would be good to have you all closer to the hacking crowd ;-)

You can find the list on the KDE server.

Some more info and some background my blog.
Cheers,
Jos

(I can't post in news so I put it here. It'd be nice, perhaps, if an admin moves it to news?!?)

I don't do sigs.
google01103
Manager
could this be done on the forum? think people are more comfortable with it than with mailing lists (my opinion)

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

einar
Administrator
OS
I guess it would be the time to investigate *again* a mail-to-forum gateway...

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
google01103
Manager
einar wrote:I guess it would be the time to investigate *again* a mail-to-forum gateway...

would the effort and time expended be worth it for a single discussion? or is there a need to have this capability for additional purposes?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
In theory we could setup mailing lists or a NNTP server which would offer mail based integration with the forum.
It is not something which can be done easily however.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
jospoortvliet
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:could this be done on the forum? think people are more comfortable with it than with mailing lists (my opinion)

Well, you forum folks obviously are - but quite a few also are not. I personally can't live without email to keep track of the many discussions going on - I so look forward to the integration of social media in that workflow, I can't begin to explain how I need that :D
(points for the KDE PIM folks for having build a infrastructure which can actually do that. Taking away half the points for not having done it yet, hehe)

I don't do sigs.