This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
The Discussions and Opinions forum is a place for open discussion regarding everything related to KDE, within the boundaries of KDE Code of Conduct. If you have a question or need a solution for a KDE problem, please post in the apppropriate forum instead.

Tried plasma desktop today

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hsgydo
Registered Member

Tried plasma desktop today

Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:42 am
So beautiful, right off the bat so many practical improvements over the desktops I am familiar with, windows and Mac.

I ended up setting up manjaro with kde on my laptops after using plasma mobile on pinephone. Is it the same group of people creating both the mobile and desktop?

I ask because plasma desktop designers seem to have thought very deeply about the user experience, and imagining that the same approach would be pushing mobile forward is very exciting. whatsapp web 192.168.0.1 routerlogin

Thanks for both and all the free code 😁😁whatsapp web 192.168.0.1 routerlogin
larrow
Registered Member
OS

Re: Tried plasma desktop today

Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:28 am
hsgydo wrote:So beautiful, right off the bat so many practical improvements over the desktops I am familiar with, windows and Mac.

I ended up setting up manjaro with kde on my laptops after using plasma mobile on pinephone. Is it the same group of people creating both the mobile and desktop?

I ask because plasma desktop designers seem to have thought very deeply about the user experience, and imagining that the same approach would be pushing mobile forward is very exciting. whatsapp web 192.168.0.1 routerlogin

Thanks for both and all the free code 😁😁whatsapp web 192.168.0.1 routerlogin

Yes. The same group is making it. And I know what you mean. I started using Linux when Mint KDE was still around, and at KDE 4. Since I went to Plasma 5 on KDE Neon, almost 4 years ago, Plasma has been what crack is to drug addicts for me. That's how much I liked it and what ultimately made me leave Windows behind.
msdobrescu
Registered Member
OS

Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:20 am
Linux and KDE are more than free code. They are freedom. You are in control of your device and you kiss metering and all that blotware goodbye!

And yes, KDE is just amazing! I fell the minor version change, from 5.17 to 5.18, in a very subtle and comfortable way! Each version is better and better, like filled up with spices! It's hard to not become addicted and I don't see why should somebody need a rehab from it.

Thank you so much, KDE team! You're awesome!
larrow
Registered Member
OS

Wed May 20, 2020 1:11 am
msdobrescu wrote:Linux and KDE are more than free code. They are freedom. You are in control of your device and you kiss metering and all that blotware goodbye!

And yes, KDE is just amazing! I fell the minor version change, from 5.17 to 5.18, in a very subtle and comfortable way! Each version is better and better, like filled up with spices! It's hard to not become addicted and I don't see why should somebody need a rehab from it.

Thank you so much, KDE team! You're awesome!

I'd even say that Plasma is the desktop environment for gamers moving to Linux. And the support there is becoming more and more apparent when it comes to gaming in general on Linux.