This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
The Discussions and Opinions forum is a place for open discussion regarding everything related to KDE, within the boundaries of KDE Code of Conduct. If you have a question or need a solution for a KDE problem, please post in the apppropriate forum instead.

We should create a chat! (A Suggestion)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jumpythepenguin
Registered Member
Hello,

I have a suggestion for the KDE community! We should create a sort of chat server! I mean, these forums are kinda outdated and it would be nice if we could get live help or chat with other KDE users. Even blender switched to this with [url]blender.chat[/url] and they use an open source chat software called rocket.chat! I wonder if we could setup a rocket.chat server and let all KDE users chat in a single community! It's kinda like Discord except it's self-hosted!
I would love it we setup a rocket.chat or something like it!

But I don't know it was just a suggestion.
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/IRC
You can use any irc client to chat. There are also channels for most distributions available.
deskuio
Registered Member
Sure, that sounds like a great idea! What kind of chat are you thinking of creating? Is it for a specific purpose or topic, or is it a general chat for anyone to use? Additionally, what platform do you envision the live chat to be on? There are many options for creating a chat, such as using a chatbot, an instant messaging app, or a forum-style discussion board.