This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
The Discussions and Opinions forum is a place for open discussion regarding everything related to KDE, within the boundaries of KDE Code of Conduct. If you have a question or need a solution for a KDE problem, please post in the apppropriate forum instead.

Have a question about dialog boxes?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zugzuang
Registered Member

Have a question about dialog boxes?

Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:12 pm
Good morning and good night everyone. I recently had a question about KDE dialogs. I downloaded a program in .AppImage format, when I try to open the program for the first time by clicking with the left mouse button, a window appears asking if I want to run the program, and in that same dialog box there is the option to mark not to ask again, And that's what I did. Now when I click on any application in .AppImage format it runs directly, so far so good, after all that was my choice. But the doubt that arose is, I no longer want the .AppImage to be executed directly without asking me, how do I make the dialog box appear again? Where does KDE save these settings? Sorry for the size of the text, but I couldn't summarize it in a few lines. I tried in the system settings →applications→file associations-< But it doesn't seem to be the right path, because even expanding the application tab>vnd.appimage>General tab, and deleting the *.appimage option, KDE still doesn't return to ask me what I want to do when I left click on any application in .AppImage format. Where does KDE save this configuration? Is there a way to revert? Once again I apologize for the size of the text.
leonflorence
Registered Member
very informative, thanks you!