This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
The Discussions and Opinions forum is a place for open discussion regarding everything related to KDE, within the boundaries of KDE Code of Conduct. If you have a question or need a solution for a KDE problem, please post in the apppropriate forum instead.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem or have experience

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
joliebrousseau
Registered Member
How are you all?
I live in Luxembourg right now, and my VPN is giving me trouble with some websites and content. I'm not very good with technology, so I was hoping someone here could help me.

To do this, I looked into VPN Luxembourg services so I could protect my privacy online and get to content that wasn't available in Luxembourg. But when I connect to my VPN, I've seen that some websites and streaming services are still blocked.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem or have experience with it? When I pay for a VPN service but still can't get to the content I want, it's frustrating.
Thanks ahead of time if you can help!
KomraDE
Registered Member
OS
VPNs usually have exit points in several countries and you should be able chose freely.

Even if you find a VPN that offers your preferred country, it might still get blocked (because the adress is known as VPN).

There are plenty of VPN comparison and most of them are merely paid advertising - before buying you MUST read on reddit and specialized forums to figure out how good they really are.

It might take some time to figure that out... Good luck 🍀

PS/Fun Fact: Some years ago had luck with
https://www.vpngate.net/EN/
which is free and I was able to watch japanese and korean netflix ;D

Take a good look, children. It will prepare you for your adult lives in our nightmarish corporate system.